Monday, July 16, 2007

Self portraits.


Isn't it interesting how many begining drawing classes have you do a self portrait at the start of the semester? Self portraits are always fun an they're a great way to see how someone feels about themselves, and they're always good for a laugh.


This one was done in July 2004 when I took a Summer class at my community college. The pictures were all put up and the instructor turned it into a game to see if we could guess who was who. I was the only black dude in the class so needless to say nobody strained their brain trying to pick me out.


This is one of my favorite pictures because I really played around with weird expressions. I figured that if I had to look at myself for several hours (as was required by the teacher) I might as well have fun with it.

No comments: