It's interesting. The major criticisms I got for this were
1. Drapery could be better: Agreed.
2. The skin tone is getting lost: Not to sure about that.
3. That there's to much white remaining on the board: Definately don't agree.
4. Colors are getting in the way: Personally I feel like the colors are really helping the image.
5. That the side of the nose is to dark.
Sean, my teacher commented on the fact that the picture was somewhat more carictured than he might have expected. Personally I like the sense of personality in this picture. I'm one of those rare people who actually prefers the portraits of Frans Hals to Rembrant for this reason. Rembrant was a great artist of course, but in the area of portraits I think that Hals showed more of an understanding of expression.
Anyway just some thoughts.