Sunday, September 7, 2008

Cartoony sketch.

So I did something really cathartic this weekend. I sketched a cartoony character, from a story I came up with years ago, on a sheet of ugly, wrinkled, old paper. This may not seem like much of a big deal but to me it was. You see most of my creative energy is being poured into school work and the upcoming show our class is putting on. Sadly I have very little time for things like this. It was so cool to sketch something that was just for fun with no strings attached. It wasn't for school, or a big project or anything just a way to kill time.It's also great to be able to sketch something cartoony again. It's what I want to do in life (as a career.) I have a natural inclination towards cartooning, and though I've been trying to fight it for the better part of a year I love being able to explore that side of my art again.

No comments: