Saturday, May 24, 2008

Comics I've enjoyed this year!

Invincible.



InvincibleVol1



Invincible is a really cool series written by Robert Kirkman. It's about a kid named Mark who inhereits the powers of his father, his father happens to be Earth's greatest hero. However, Mark soon discovers that there are dark secrets in his family that he has to deal with.
My brother got me hooked on this series, and I'm hoping to read more of it soon. It's a really good book with plenty of coming of age themes, and most of all it's fun. It enjoys the traditional trappings of the super hero genre.


Runaways.



Written by Bryan K. Vaughan this great Marvel series had me on my toes for weeks. Speculation ran wild in my head over all the likey plot twists that were coming.
The story was essentially about teenage rebellion turned on its head, the kids were trying to do good to make up for the evils of their parents. There were also alot of great themes about how you end up becoming your parents even when you fight it.

Anyway they're awesome.

No comments: